Quality Pest Control In Oklahoma City
For home and business owners all over the country, Oklahoma City (OKC) is the epitome of fun, excitement, and sophistication. With more than 1.5 million residents strong, OKC is a hotspot for recent graduates, growing families, and hardworking professionals from all walks of life.
Summit Pest Solutions is a proud provider of integrated pest management solutions for home and business owners all over the 405, using years of experience and professional expertise to solve problems big and small. Learn more about how we could best serve you by filling out an online contact form.
Residential Pest Control In Oklahoma City, OK
The homeowners of Oklahoma City have trusted Summit Pest Solutions with their residential pest control needs for many years. Our highly trained professionals offer a traditional, alternative, and physical solutions for many different pests, from insects and arachnids to mammals and wildlife animals.
Here’s what you can expect from each of our residential pest control visits:
- An initial inspection of your property thoroughly covers your home from top to bottom.
- Recommendations for pest management and treatment 100% catered to your unique needs and specifications.
- A pest-free guarantee that ensures your home is fully protected, even if pests return!
Sign up to receive residential pest control services from Summit Pest Solutions right away.
Commercial Pest Control In Oklahoma City, OK
The responsibilities of business owners in Oklahoma City are threefold: to serve customers, protect employees, and meet the needs of all shareholders. Being a business owner is a full-time job, which is why problems such as pest infestations can throw each of these requirements to the wind.
The professionals behind Summit Pest Solutions are proud to offer commercial pest control programs for companies throughout Oklahoma City. We specialize in many different industries, including but not limited to:
- Food Service
- Health care
Don't see your industry on our list? Reach out to the Oklahoma City location of Summit Pest Solutions to learn more about our commercial pest control options. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Are The Mosquitoes In Oklahoma City Dangerous?
Of all the pests in Oklahoma City, mosquitoes may be the most dangerous of all. These blood-feeding insects appear in almost every backyard and are perhaps best known for leaving itchy bites after feeding. Only female mosquitoes are capable of biting humans, but even their reduced presence can create a significant impact on human health and wellness. These pests require a blood meal to fertilize their eggs. These eggs will swiftly be laid near a pool of stagnant water.
Mosquitoes aren't just annoying pests but extremely dangerous as well. Not only are they capable of causing secondary infections via scratching and bleeding, but they can also spread serious illnesses. Below are just a few of the most common mosquito-borne illnesses in Oklahoma City:
- West Nile virus
- Zika virus
Most mosquito illnesses result in nausea, paralysis, or general malaise, although symptoms vary widely in terms of severity. If you suspect that you're experiencing the signs of mosquito illness, please seek medical attention immediately.
If you are concerned about the prevalence of mosquitoes on your Oklahoma City property, please reach out to Summit Pest Solutions right away. We are committed to helping all our clients find relief from backyard biting pests.
How To Keep Your Pets Flea Free In Oklahoma City
Whether you own outdoor or indoor pets, like dogs and cats, the presence of fleas is a real possibility around your Oklahoma City home. The naked eye cannot see fleas, but their impacts can be felt widely around your home. These insects bite and consume the blood of both pets and people, leaving behind ‘flea dirt’ and itchy marks. Scratching these may result in secondary infections, as well as bleeding. Fleas are also known to spread illnesses that can result in alopecia or hair loss.
Keeping your pets flea-free is the best way to prevent infestation in Oklahoma City. Below are just a few tips to help point you in the right direction:
- Maintain the yard as much as possible, cutting down long grasses, pruning trees, and otherwise trimming overgrown shrubs.
- Eliminate excess moisture in and around the home, including stagnant puddles of water or areas of thick humidity.
- Treat all pets (indoor and outdoor) with some form of flea or tick treatment. If possible, focus on collars, oral medications, topical treatments, or an additional medium of flea control for your pet. Talk to a local veterinarian about your options.
If fleas are still posing a problem for your Oklahoma City property, look no further than the team behind Summit Pest Solutions. Our flea control services are some of the best in the state. Call today for a consultation with one of our local professionals.
Oklahoma City Pest Control Pros Warn The Ants Are Marching Into Town
All Oklahoma City residents should be on guard regarding ants marching into town and onto their properties. Professional ant control is often necessary to address infestations of these pests and prevent the dangers they bring, such as disease transmission, allergic reactions, and property damage, at bay. Summit Pest Solutions is here to help you combat these problems and protect your property from ant invasions year-round.
In addition to expert ant control, you can implement simple ant prevention tips, such as sealing potential ant entry points like the cracks around windows and doors, storing all leftover food properly, and disposing of waste promptly in tight-sealed bags. You can also remove ant harborage areas outdoors by cutting down long grasses or overgrown foliage and remove indoor hiding places by keeping spaces clean and uncluttered.
If you have more questions about ant control, contact our service technicians at Summit Pest Solutions for answers.
Twelve Quick & Simple Cockroach Control Tips For Oklahoma City Property Owners
Most Oklahoma City property owners know how unhygienic and unpleasant an infestation of cockroaches can be. Follow these twelve quick and simple cockroach control tips to protect your property against this pest:
- Seal cockroach entry points by repairing cracks around windows, doors, and the foundation of your property.
- Replace broken window and door screens and invest in weatherstripping to keep cockroaches out.
- Keep doors and windows closed when possible to ensure roaches don’t slip inside unnoticed.
- Refrain from leaving out food in interior or exterior areas, as the aroma will easily attract hungry cockroaches.
- Consider using airtight storage containers in food pantry areas to keep out scavenging cockroaches.
- Keep food storage areas clean, reorganize these areas regularly, and use old stored items first to prevent cockroach infestations from starting in these areas.
- Seal all trash bags tightly and dispose of waste promptly to stop foul odors from attracting roaches.
- Ensure outdoor trash cans have tight-fitting or lockable lids so cockroaches can’t get inside to scavenge.
- Remove or limit access to all indoor or outdoor pet food to ensure cockroaches don't use it as an easy food source.
- Eliminate cockroach harborage areas outdoors by cutting back long grasses, removing overgrown foliage, and cleaning up debris, such as fallen leaves and branches.
- Address moisture issues around the interior and exterior areas that may lead to the moist, damp, and humid conditions cockroaches love to be around.
- Declutter interior areas often and dispose of any piles of cardboard or plastic bags, as cockroaches love to live hidden in these areas.
For further assistance with cockroach control and help eliminating infestations of this pest, don’t hesitate to contact Summit Pest Solutions.
A Step-By-Step Spider Control Guide For Oklahoma City Homeowners
Seeing spiders around your Oklahoma City home is often cause for alarm, as many individuals hate to see populations of this eight-legged pest on their property. Fortunately, there are some steps you can take to make sure your property isn’t hospitable to this pest and to deter significant infestations.
First, you should seal potential spider entry points around your homes, such as the cracks around windows, doors, and the foundation. Further spider-proof your home by repairing or replacing broken window and door screens, applying weatherstripping around your property, and keeping windows and doors closed whenever possible.
Remove accessible spider food sources, such as pest prey infestations, with the help of Summit Pest Solutions. Eliminate moisture issues that might contribute to excess pools of water; these spaces attract spiders and their pest prey. Also, declutter your home often and carefully brush away spider webs to deter this pest from settling around your property.
Contact Summit Pest Solutions immediately if you have more questions about spider removal or need assistance defeating an active infestation of these pests.
Three Things Everyone In Oklahoma City Ought To Know About Stinging Insects
Stinging insects are not a pest you should combat alone due to their aggressive nature and the high risk of allergic issues or other medical complications from their stings. Here we list three things everyone in Oklahoma City should know about stinging insects and stinging insect control:
- Most stinging insects are aggressive and sting if you pass by their nest, even by accident. Stinging insect nests can also be underground, in trees, or along the siding of your property, making for dangerous problems.
- Stinging insects are attracted to sweet-smelling food and drinks; leaving these out around your property can readily welcome an infestation of these pests.
- It would be best if you never attempted to remove a stinging insect nest without having the proper experience, know-how, and protective equipment. DIY removal attempts are often less than adequate and can result in many dangerous, painful stings.
Contact our team at Summit Pest Solutions for a free quote and further assistance in defeating stinging insect infestations.